“To find your desired outcome, follow the path of joy. Your life’s purpose is supported by the joy and passion you feel when you’re thinking about or working on your purpose. The joy that you feel within relationships keeps them alive, exciting, and growing. The joy that comes from your hobbies gives you extra energy. Of all the emotions, joy has the highest energy vibration. Joy has the power to remove all obstacles and attract all of your needs. Joy reminds us that we needn’t suffer at all. We can fulfill our purpose, help ourselves and others, and heal through the power of joy.”
~ Goddess Doreen Virtue
Today’s Mantra: To find your life’s purpose, do what brings you joy.
image: Maitraya, the Laughing Buddha, lived as a Buddhist monk who was renowned for his compassion and generosity.
“Do you know what you are?
You are a manuscript oƒ a divine letter.
You are a mirror reflecting a noble face.
This universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
everything that you want,
you are already that.”
“Imagine yourself enjoying success in every situation today. See yourself smiling and having fun as everything goes your way. Feel the emotions of elation and joy as every door opens for you and know that others are inspired by your triumphs. Visualize having a rewarding day as a gift to yourself. Your positive expectations are seeds planted in your favor, which will successfully grow into uplifting experiences.”
~ Goddess Doreen Virtue
Today’s Mantra: It’s safe for me to thrive and I allow myself to do so.
______________________________________________________________painting: ‘Open Door’, Henri Matisse, 1896, Brittany
“Fear comes from the ego mind, and the ego mind is not part of the heart. The heart is filled with love and Divine inspiration; it is the source of good, wonderful, creative emotions in life. When we are in fear, we are not in the heart. We are in our ego mind and, really, our fear has come to show us that there is something in our ego mind that needs to be dealt with, that needs to be identified so that we can heal it.
In the shamanic way of healing fear, you learn how to understand what the true source of the fear is, as opposed to all the scary stories your ego mind is telling you. Once you identify that source – your feelings of low self-worth, no self-confidence, the belief that you are helpless and perhaps even hopeless in the situation – you take what you find down into your heart, where you transform it with the Divine Love of the Universe. You transform it into something beautiful, into an integrity of spirit.”
~ Goddess Lynn Andrews
How to Cleanse your Home of Negative Energy
The Native American practice of smudging, or purifying a room with the smoke of sacred herbs, can help clear negative energy from a space. And the apparent benefits are steeped in science – when burned, sage and other herbs release negative ions, which research has linked to a more positive mood. .
As even the happiest homes accumulate in time negative vibrations, it is good to smudge your home thoroughly at least several times a year. You can also smudge your office space; as well as use smudging to clear your own energy or the energy of other people.
How to Perform a Sage Cleansing Ritual
- Buy a sage smudge stick and find a bowl to hold it over – traditionally, abalone shell is used.
- Before you begin, open a window or door. Place the herbs in an abalone shell, or a clay bowl, and light them with a wooden match. Then gently blow out the flame, letting the material continue to smolder. Keep the smudge stick in a fireproof container at all times
- Take that smoke and metaphorically wash your hands in the smoke, take some over your eyes, your ears, your heart, and your head.
- Set your intention for each room. Say a prayer of cleansing. Make up your own or use this one:
May your hands be cleansed,
that they create beautiful things.
May your feet to cleansed,
that they might take you where you most need to be.
May your heart be cleansed,
that you might hear its messages clearly.
May your throat be cleansed,
that you may speak rightly when words are needed.
May your eyes be cleansed,
that you might see the signs and wonders of this world.
May this person and space be washed clean
by the smoke of these fragrant plants,
and may that same smoke carry our prayers,
spiraling, to the heavens.
- Go clockwise around your home (usually starting at the front door), and gently wave the smoke into the air with a feather or your hands. Spend a bit more time smudging the room corners, as they tend to accumulate stagnant energy. Be sure to also open the closet doors and carefully smudge inside. Do not forget about spaces such as the laundry room, the garage or the basement . See the smoke dissipating and floating out the windows, and imagine that bad energy flowing out of your space, making room for positive, fresh energy.
- Once finished, you can leave the bowl in a safe place and let it burn, filling the room with fragrant smoke. Or you can dip it in sand or water to stop it from burning. Treat any leftover ashes with intention. A proper way to dispose of them is to take them outdoors and leave them on the earth.
Today’s Video: Meditations – Native American Flute Music (1 hour)
“Sometimes the best way to get answers to a problem is to walk away and quiet your mind, so that you can hear the divine solutions that angels whisper in your ear.”
~ Goddess Doreen Virtue
“Be aware that God is always with you. In your mind, picture yourself in an imaginary dark room. The darkness represents your lack of awareness of God’s protective omnipresence. Make a conscious decision to turn on the spiritual light in that imaginary room. You are in control of the light switch. Now if a negative force of any sort tries to get into the room, it will be impossible. Negative forces cannot break through God’s light.
You choose to turn the spiritual light on or off by being consciously aware of it. If the spiritual light is off in your room (your life), then by turning it on, you can make the darkness and negativity leave forever. Darkness and negative forces are repelled by the light of God. The only way there can be darkness in your room is if you allow it to be there, by turning off your spiritual light switch. With that switch in “off” position, you will feel separate from God, though in reality you are not. Separation is only an illusion. God is always there for you.”
~ Goddess Linda Georgian, ‘Create Your Own Future’
Today’s Video: Put Your Lights On – Santana feat. Everlast